Rivet Nut USA Part Number 9991
Style: Pneumatic Hex Hole Cutting Tool
Capacity: Medium-to-High Volume Production
Perfect for “punching” hexagonal holes into your parent application, this pneumatic handheld tool is a great for applications that require installation of a low-to-medium volume amount of HEXNUTS® or half-hex rivet nuts. (For high volume production environments, the manufacture will typically use a CNC Laser or Machining Center to create the holes, as it is more efficient than using this handheld tool.) The general installation occurs as follows. The user first drills a pre-hole, which is round. Then the user grabs the pneumatic 9991 hex hole tool to punch the round hole into a hexagonal shaped hole. To ensure you are outfitted with the correct tool for your application and fastener, please call or email us with your details!
- Pull Force: 4,721 lbf or 21 kN
- Stroke: .472 in or 12 mm
- Manufacturer Part Number: Atlas RIV9991 (Cardinal 9991)
- Air Pressure: Regulate to 87 PSI (6.0 Bar) of clean dry air for best operation
There are limits to the max plate/application thickness that this pneumatic hex hole tool can “punch” through, please review this table for your thread size, hole size and plate thickness.
Unified & Metric Thread Capabilities:
Unified HEXNUTS®: 10-24, 10-32, 1/4-20, 1/4-28, 5/16-18, 5/16-24, 3/8-16, 3/8-24, 1/2-13, 1/2-20
Metric HEXNUTS®: M4, M5, M6, M8, M10, M12
- Mandrel & Anvil required for each thread size. These are considered consumables of the tool, please keep backup(s) on hand!
- Please consult us on your exact fastener and application to assure you invest in the most capable tool for the job.
- Note: Material type of fastener is critical. Example: Install tool may be set up for a 1/2-13 rivet nut, but tool is only capable of installing a soft aluminum 1/2-13 rivet nut, and can not install a harder steel or hardest stainless steel 1/2-13 rivet nut. A heavier duty tool would be required to install the harder steel or hardest stainless steel 1/2-13 rivet nut. Call us with questions!