A Bollhoff RIVNUT® fastener is a tubular rivet with internal nut threads (i.e., a Rivet Nut). It can be installed in seconds from one side of the work. Once installed, no finishing work is required on the RIVNUT®. RIVNUT®s not only provides a dependable fastener, they also give you the added benefit of clean internal threads for attachments.
For any project where you need a strong, easy-to-install blind fastener is required; the RIVNUT® will work perfectly. Bollhoff utilizes only the highest grade materials to ensure products are dependable and efficient. For over 60 years, automotive, metal fabrication, appliance, food equipment, aerospace and defense industries have used the superior grade Bollhoff RIVNUT® fastener to solve tough fastening problems.
The one-piece blind RIVNUT® provides a nut plate and requires no finishing. The RIVNUT® fastener is made to exacting tolerances. There is a complete selection of types and materials. Paired with RIVNUT®’s fine rivet nut installation tools, the Rivnut® fastener makes a reliable total fastening system. Check out our other options for RIVNUT® fasteners, such as our HEXNUT®, PLUSNUT®, and Metric RIVKLE® options.
Step 1The RIVNUT® fastener is threaded onto the mandrel of an installation tool.
Step 2The RIVNUT® fastener, on the tool mandrel, is inserted into the hole drilled for installation.
Step 3The mandrel retracts and pulls the threaded portion of the RIVNUT® fastener shank toward the blind side of the work, forming a bulge in the unthreaded shank area.
Step 4The RIVNUT® fastener is clinched securely in place. The mandrel is unthreaded, leaving the internal RIVNUT® threads intact.
Blind Nut PlateThe properly installed RIVNUT® fastener makes an excellent blind nut plate for simple screw attachments.
- Installs blind in sheet metal, plastics and tubular materials.
- Can be used as a rivet to assemble two or more materials and as a nut for the attachment of a mating part with a screw.
- Installs into galvanized or prepainted materials without damaging surface finishes.
- Installs mechanically without deforming the parent material.
- Installs before or after a finish is applied to the base material.
- Installs into material as thin as .020 (0.5mm) providing strong load-bearing threads.
- Installs at a rate of 20 pieces per minute with pneumatic power tools.
- Installs with inexpensive hand tools for field repair or consumer kit installation.
- Installs with semi-skilled labor with minimal training.
- Is ideal for automated assembly due to a balanced geometric shape.
- Installation is environmentally friendly and produces no harmful gases, heat, dust or electromagnetic fields to affect workers.
- Installs into a wide range of material thicknesses due to a wide grip range tolerance.