The Bollhoff PLUSNUT® provides the ultimate pull out strength in thin sheet metals and soft plastics. It features a slotted body that splits into four legs during installation, which helps provide a wide load-bearing surface on the backside of the parent material.
Rivet Nut USA (a division of Cardinal Components, Inc.) is a Preferred Authorized Bollhoff Distributor of the Bollhoff PLUSNUT®. Bollhoff PLUSNUT® fasteners are the original trademarked version of “slotted body rivet nuts”. To provide our customers the best availability and variety, we also offer non-Bollhoff slotted body rivet nuts & fasteners.
The PLUSNUT® features the widest material grip range of all blind threaded fasteners (nearly a quarter of an inch!) A wide material grip range is helpful when your application may have variable material thicknesses, such as thermoformed, rotational or blow molded plastics. Sprinter or work van enthusiasts prefer the PLUSNUT® as their go-to internally threaded slotted body rivet nut fastener solution.
Rivet Nut USA stocks a selection of installation tools for easy-to-use and reliable PLUSNUT® installation such as our pneumatic nut insert tools (4090P & 6703P), manual hand tools (C1000, C7000 & 140-2000). Check out our “Install Tools” page for more information.
The Pre-Bulbed PLUSNUT® is a version that offers very low installation load force. This version is ideal for consumer-centric applications, such as outfitting a pick-up truck or boat with an aftermarket accessory. Package the Pre-Bulbed PLUSNUT® fasteners with the C1000 tool to create a kit that each of your customers can use!
To learn more about PLUSNUT® (slotted body rivet nut) fasteners, please refer to a sampling of options below! For your exact PLUSNUT® fastener needs, please give us a call today at (800) 236-3200, contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bollhoff PLUSNUT® (“slotted body rivet nut”) design advantages include:
- Assemble two materials together
- Allows for blind installation, installs in seconds
- Environmentally friendly
- Use in very thin sheet metal, various soft plastics/fiberglass applications
- Wide grip range for variable thickness materials and for part consolidation
- Soft installation forces to avoid fracturing in soft or brittle materials, or damaging finishes
- Available in steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Available in 4-40 to 3/8-16 & M4 to M10 thread size
- Ideal for thin sheet metal, soft plastics.
- Four-leg, wide load-bearing support on backside of surface after install.
- The “workhorse” of internally threaded fasteners; used in a diverse range of applications.
- Great to use in Sprinter van (work van) installations/conversions.
- Very similar to PLUSNUT®.
- An additional special design edit (i.e., the “pre-bulb”) made to create a super low installation force.
- Great for consumer-based field install applications.