What is Bollhoff Rivclinch®? Joining Sheet Metal without Fasteners
Bollhoff Rivclinch® Catalog, Click here to Download Catalog
Bollhoff Rivclinch® is a specialized joining technology used for steel, stainless steel, aluminum and other non-ferrous materials. “Clinching” is a non-fastener, non-adhesive technique used to assemble two or more different pieces together by cold forming (pressing) the materials together. The connection is a permanently formed round or square indentation (point) that is a form-fitting, non-positive connection. Joining two or more layers together are possible – whether they are painted or coated – without damaging the surface.
There are Many Advantages to Using a Rivclinch® Metalforming System:
- Joining time is performed in less than a second
- Different materials such as polymers, wood, metals and composite materials can all be joined together
- The process can be easily automated and doesn’t required skilled labor
- No pre-treatment of harsh chemicals onto the material
- The process is environmentally friendly
- Does not produce fumes or flash
- The process is easily repeatable for increased production rates
- Mechanical strength of the material near the joint increases due to work-hardening
- Additional fasteners/adhesives are no unnecessary
A Rivclinch® tool will provide you with throughput INCREASES, labor cost DECREASES, product cost DECREASES and assembly weight DECREASES. Wow!
Industries that Utilize Clinching in Assembly:
- Air Duct Construction
- Brown Goods
- Building and Construction
- Clothes Dryers
- Door Manufacturing
- Energy Technology
- Garage Doors
- Gate Manufacturing
- Heat Exchangers
- Pocket Filters
- Scaffolding | Ladders
- Sheet Metal Working
- Solar Panels
- Vending Machines
- Ventilation Duct Systems
- Washing Machines
- White Goods
Bollhoff Rivclinch® Systems are available in portable, stand-alone, automatic and robot mounted with process control. Depending on your particular application and production needs, these powerful tools feature hydraulic drive with compressed air booster with a pneumatically driven forward stroke that can be set independently of the working stroke. These fast and lightweight tools are ideal for applications with various spacing between joining points.
Various accessories are available for the Bollhoff clinching system such as: Rotator Ring, Booster, Balancer, Compressed Air Conditioner, Process Monitoring/Control Box and Clinch Cycle Control OCC as add-ons. Each of these accessories will make the process easier to control the process for optimum joining.
Bollhoff prefers selling through its preferred Bollhoff distribution network. Rivet Nut USA (a division of Cardinal Components, Inc.) is YOUR authorized preferred Bollhoff distributor. For any and all of your metal joining questions, contact the clinching experts at Rivet Nut USA today!