How Does a Pneumatic Nutsert Tool Work?
A pneumatic nutsert tool is air-powered. The air pressure supplied by a shop air compressor forces the hydraulic oil in the tool to create enough force to upset/install the fastener.
- Step 1: The pneumatic nutsert tool operator spins a rivet nut onto the tool’s threaded mandrel tip. Rivet Nut USA’s tools have “automatic” spin-on technology, saving an operator 1-2 seconds per install.
- Step 2: The nutsert tool operator pulls the trigger and enough pneumatic/hydraulic pressure builds to collapse/upset the rivet nut body. The rivet nut is now securely connected/fastened to the frontside & backside parent material.
- Step 3: The nutsert tool spins out the installed nutsert, again using “automatic” spin-out technology, saving the operator another 1-2 seconds per install.
Air-powered nutsert tools are ideal for medium-to-high volume industrial applications that require repeatable high-quality installations.
Pneumatic nutsert tools facilitate a fast rivet nut insertion process, and reduces operator fatigue associated when compared to using manual tools. Compared to electric tools, air powered nutsert guns are often lighter/smaller and can be paired with ergonomic accessories that Rivet Nut USA stocks. (A pneumatic tool can also be made ultra portable when driven by compressed carbon dioxide stored in small cylinders, or using a light on-the-go electric air compressor.)
Nothing beats the efficiency of pneumatic nutsert tools for RIVNUT® installations, the cycle time is just seconds, more than a dozen rivet nuts can be installed per minute and the tools have OUTSTANDING service records if properly maintained via an easy to follow schedule.
Rivet Nut USA offers a comprehensive line of air-powered nutsert installation tools for your consideration. Pull to Pressure pneumatic tools are the everyman’s workhorse, performing great in a variety of applications that Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) encounter. Pull to Stroke pneumatic tools are great in high volume automotive applications that demand the strictest quality standards.
For 20+ years, Rivet Nut USA has offered Bollhoff branded RIVNUT® Pneumatic Nutsert Tools:
- 4090 and 4090P (P2007) Pull to Pressure Pneumatic Nutsert Tool – generally installs M3 through M10 RIVNUT® or RIVSTUD® fasteners
- 4080 (P2005) Pull to Stroke Pneumatic Nutsert Tool – generally installs M3 through M12 RIVNUT® or RIVSTUD® fasteners
- 6703 and 6703P (P3007) Heavy Duty Pull to Pressure Pneumatic Nutsert Tool – generally installs M8 through M12 RIVNUT® or RIVSTUD® fasteners
- Contact Rivet Nut USA to ensure you get the right tool for the right job. Tools are thread size dependent, such as 4-40, 6-32, 8-32, 10-32, 1/4-20, 5/16-18, 3/8-16, 1/2-13, M3, M4, M5, M6, M8, M10, M12.
With proper repair and maintenance of these air-powered tools, manufacturing and production facilities can benefit from years of high volume and high quality assembly operations!
For all of your pneumatic nutsert tool installation needs, contact Rivet Nut USA today. You’ll gain new friends in the workplace, as your quality and production teams will literally thank you for it!